Updated for Family Day 2018
Nothing brings a family together like adventure, and Jasper National Park welcomes families to venture beyond the average vacation this upcoming Family Day weekend. From novice to extreme and everything in between, there are plenty of thrilling activities and discoveries to be had for even the smallest explorers.
This Family Day weekend why not stay closer to home and embrace the winter season? Families will be warmly rewarded with many specials and deals in Jasper, Canada’s base of adventure.
Things to do on Family Day Weekend in Jasper
- Take your family for a winter sleigh ride at Jasper Park Riding Stables! Matched teams of horses, tuned bells, sleighs with comfortable seats and warm throw blankets make for a classic winter experience along the shores of Pyramid Lake! Kids 5 and under are free.
- SunDog Tours welcomes you to join them on an Ice Walk in the epic Maligne Canyon at 20% off, OR combine two of Jasper’s most memorable tours, dog-sledding and the Maligne Canyon ice walk, and save 10%.
- Head out to Marmot Basin for Demo Days! Test the latest and greatest gear from a number of different brands including Rocky Mountain Underground, Rossignol, K2, and Head Skis presented by Edge Control. You can try any of these brands for FREE! All you need is a credit card for security – and you can be testing equipment all day! Read more here.
- Join Parks Canada and “Learn to Love Winter” this Family Day weekend (February 16 – 19, 2018)! Park Interpreters will be offering free guided snowshoeing for the whole family throughout the weekend. You will also have the chance to learn how to snowshoe, take a dark sky (night time) snowshoe, learn about winter camping and more. For more details, including dates and times, head to the Parks Canada event page.
- Go for a snowshoe or ice walk in Maligne Canyon
- Go for a skate on Lake Mildred or Lac Beauvert
- Toboggan near Jasper Park Lodge
Stay in Jasper
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge will have a weekend full of family programming and activities, as well as movies and parties available through their family getaway deals.
- Or check out different hotel Family Day Weekend packages here.
Whether it’s heading up to Marmot Basin to be the first ones on the chair, going for an ice-skate out on Pyramid Lake, or experiencing Parks Canada programs alongside interpretive staff at Marmot Meadows, Adventure is waiting this Family Day Weekend!
For even more information and deals visit www.jasper.travel/family.
Looking for more things to do in Jasper this winter? We’ve got ideas for you here!