We’re sharing our comprehensive Camping Supplies Checklist to help take the stress out of packing for your next camping trip! All the essentials and more!
Over the years we have done a lot of camping…camping in tents, trailers, cabins, you name it, we’ve camped in it. And over this time we’ve learned a lot about what we must have and what we don’t need when we’re packing for camping.
And when I’m getting ready for our camping trips, I always need a checklist for packing. I just find it so much easier to plan when I have a list I can refer to. And for so many years I actually wrote out my lists…why was I doing this when I could just have a list I could print off each year?! Now we’ve got a comprehensive list that can be printed off each camping season to make sure we don’t forget anything as we head out for our adventures. And now we are sharing it with you!
Putting this list together was a family effort…much thought and experience went into creating it, so I hope you find it useful for your camping adventures! You can download the list here.
Make sure to download this Camping Supplies Checklist here!
Best Tips for Packing for Camping:
- Don’t overpack! Even though this list is very comprehensive, it doesn’t mean you need to pack everything on it. Take only what you think you will need.
- Water: We always like to bring large coolers of water with us. You never know when you might end up in a campground with no drinking water available.
- Have cash on hand in case you need to buy supplies like ice and firewood.
- Toiletry Kits for family members: Have a fully packed toiletry bag for each family member. Fill it with a hand towel, facecloth and bath towel; toothbrush and toothpaste; hair brush; and soap.
- Sleeping: Poor sleep can ruin a camping trip SO fast, so make sure you take comfortable bedding with you. If you can, consider taking memory foam or extra padding for under sleeping bags. Take extra blankets and comfortable pillows.
- Meal Planning: Plan what you will be eating, ahead of time. This will ensure you don’t overpack food!
- Packing Food: Freeze your meat before you go (pack it frozen solid). This is really helpful for camping…it helps keep the food fresh and safe while traveling.
- Drinks: To keep space in your fridge or cooler for food, keep a separate cooler just for drinks.
More useful camping checklists:
- Comprehensive Camping Food Checklist
- What To Pack for a Houseboat Trip
- Summer Road Trip Eye Spy Checklist for Kids
If you’re looking for more camping resources and ideas of places to camp, make sure to visit our Camping Section here.
PIN IT —>