Mark your calendars and prepare for camping early! Here are the Parks Canada Campground Reservation Dates for Alberta for 2023!
Camping season may feel far away, but when it comes to planning and making reservations, you’re going to want to get started. Beginning March 23, 2023, campsite reservations for Alberta will be available for the entire season on the Parks Canada website. The popular campsites are almost impossible to get into if you are thinking about planning a last minute summer trip, so it is important to start planning early.
Important things to NOTE for 2023:
Parks Canada is moving their reservation system to a NEW platform which means you’ll need to do things a little differently this year:
- By February 26, you must log in to your existing account and take note of the campsites you may have reserved in the past, because you will no longer have access to this data after that date.
- The reservation system will NOT be available from February 27 to March 2 as the migration to the new platform takes place.
- Create your NEW ACCOUNT as of March 3 to get acquainted with the new system.
Parks Canada Campground Reservation Dates and Times for Alberta:
Jasper National Park:
2023 Reservation Launch: Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
- Miette (Pocahontas)
- Palisades (Jasper National Park)
- Whirlpool Group Camping
2023 Reservation Launch: Monday , March 20, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
- Backcountry Camping
Banff National Park:
2023 Reservation Launch: Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
- Tunnel Mountain (Trailer Court, Village 1, Village 2)
- Lake Louise
- Johnston Canyon
- Two Jack Lakeside and Two Jack Main
- Rampart Creek
2023 Reservation Launch: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
- Hidden Lake Guided Hike
2023 Reservation Launch: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
- Backcountry camping Banff, Kootenay & Yoho National Parks
2023 Reservation Launch: Thursday, April 13th, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
- Reservable Shuttle to Moraine Lake and Lake Louise lakeshore
Rocky Mountain House, Waterton, Elk Island, Wood Buffalo National Parks:
2023 Reservation Launch: Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 8 AM MT:
Rocky Mountain House National Historic Site:
- Heritage Camping
- Rocky Mountain House Campground
Waterton Lakes National Park:
Elk Island National Park:
- Astotin Lake
- Oster Lake Backcountry
Wood Buffalo National Park:
- Pine Lake
You can bet we are going to be up bright and early planning and reserving our camping trips!
For more information about booking camping in our National Parks in Alberta, visit the website here.