Banff: Explore Cave and Basin After Dark With Lanterns This Summer
Explore Cave and Basin National Historic Site in an entirely new way, with a night lantern tour! Family friendly too!
– – – – –
The Cave and Basin National Historic Site is one of those fantastic places to explore with kids, from the interpretive display and historic site, the cool digital photo booth, and of course thermal waters to explore both indoors and out. Take that tour to the next level and experience the cave and basin area in an entirely new way, with the night tour.
On Saturday nights, in June through August, on two tours each night, 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m, you can explore the cave in the dark! This tour is family friendly!
“It’s after hours at the Cave and Basin, but we’re letting you in. Your senses awaken as lanterns cast shadows on ancient grotto walls. Mysterious sounds and voices are a reminder that others, like you, have journeyed to these thermal waters for centuries. We’ll supply the lanterns; you supply the imagination.”
Cave and Basin After Dark With Lanterns Details:
- Saturday nights, in June through August, on two tours each night, 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Registration is required for the after dark tour, and must be done ahead of time.
- To register for the after dark event: Call 403- 845-3524.
- Cave lantern tours are $11/person.
- This is a family-friendly 40-minute program.
- Want more details? Visit their website here.
Did you know that you can get free admission to the caves and area, with your Discovery Parks pass? Admission is affordable, at under $4 for adults and $2 for children, but it’s a nice bonus that comes along with your annual park pass – Remember, park passes purchased in 2016 will be valid for two years, instead of one.
More Banff Adventure Ideas: