Get your family out this fall and visit a pumpkin patch! Here are Pumpkin Patches to Visit in Alberta!
UPDATED FOR FALL 2020 – Make sure to visit each location’s website before your visit, for any special visit instructions due to the pandemic. Also please note, most locations require advanced booking.
It’s fall y’all! Tis the season of pumpkin EVERYTHING. And we love it! If you’re looking for some fun fall activities, take your family out to a pumpkin patch! Pick a pumpkin, pose for pictures…it’s the best kind of fun. Here are some pumpkin patches in the Edmonton area, Central Alberta and in the Calgary area:
CALGARY AND AREA
Cobb’s Adventure Park & Corn Maze
Cobb’s Adventure Park is back with their Pumpkin Palooza this 2020 season! Take a walk through their pumpkin patch and pick out your favourite pumpkin! Lots of photo opportunities too! Visit their website for more details.
- HOURS: Saturdays and Sundays in October and Thanksgiving Monday from 11am to 5pm (Oct. 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31 & Nov. 1)
Kayben Farms just outside of Calgary, is open to visitors this 2020 fall season. Play at the park, stroll through the leaves, participate in Pumpkin Painting (Starting in October), enjoy Wagon rides (starting in October) or pre-order a picnic lunch (for couples or families) to enjoy at the farm! Visit their website for more information about fall activities.
- HOURS: Starting September 11, Kayben Farms will be open Friday – Sunday ONLY, 10:00 am – 5 :00 pm
(formerly Calgary Corn Maze & Fun Farm)
Visit Calgary Farmyard on weekends this October 2020 for their Pumpkin Days. Pick the perfect pumpkin, enjoy hours of fun on the farm, and find the perfect spot for fun photos! Also stay and enjoy the Harvest Lights (from 5:30-9pm) where you can enjoy all the fun of the Farmyard as the whole farm remains open while becoming colourfully lit with thousands of lights under the evening sky! Visit the website for more information.
- HOURS: Sept 17 – October 31, Thursday: 10:00am-5:00pm, Friday- Sunday: 10:00AM – 5:30PM
Butterfield Acres is running their annual Harvest Pumpkin Hunt again this year, on weekends throughout October 2020. Stroll through the farmyard and find your perfect pumpkin, visit animals, enjoy fall photo-ops, ride thru Scarecrow Alley in the back woodlands. Visit the website for more details and to book your tickets in advance.
- HOURS: 10-2 weekdays and 10-4 weekends and holidays till the end of September.
Visit the sunflower maze every day from 11-5 until the frost hits!
- Visit their website for more information and to pre-purchase tickets.
Kraay Family Farm (Lacombe Corn Maze)
Visit the Kraay Family Farm and get your pumpkins! They’ve got pumpkins in all shapes, sizes and colours, ranging from $1 to $15. Visit their blog for more information, and to reserve your spot to visit…they have a daily capacity, so make sure you make a reservation.
- HOURS: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am-9pm, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am-10pm. Closed Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
Located just outside of Red Deer, the Jungle Farm’s U-Pick pumpkin patch is full of pumpkins this 2020 season! Price of admission also includes the corn maze, wagon rides, farm animals, playground and more! Visit their website for more details.
- HOURS: Monday through Saturday 11 am – 5 pm, closed on Sundays
EDMONTON AND AREA
Edmonton Corn Maze
Pumpkins are available from mid September to October.
- Dates and Hours: Sept 8 – Oct 24, 2020:
Tuesday – Saturday: 10am-8pm
Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
- Visit their website for more information and to purchase your ticket for your visit. And watch their Facebook page for daily updates.
Update: As of Sept 6, SOMERSET FARMS IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2020 fall season.
From September 1, 2020 until the first frost, visit Somerset Farms to pick your own pumpkin from their Pumpkin Patch! They have twelve different varieties to choose from this year, ranging in colour and size.
- Visit their website for more information and to book a reservation for your visit, as it is by appointment only.
Prairie Gardens and Adventure Park (Bon Accord)
Bring your family to Prairie Gardens for a good ol’ fashioned pumpkin u-pick and hay ride around the farm! Tickets are required but children 2 and under are free! Tickets are $30/person and include wagon rides, access to the corn and sunflower mazes, a guided educational farm tour, a pumpkin hunt and a $10 credit per ticket towards whichever pumpkins you choose! You can also purchase picnic boxes which are designed for 2 people and are $60 each. Visit their website for more information and to book a reservation for your visit.
- HOURS: 11:00AM-5:00PM Tuesday – Sunday, Closed Mondays. Open Thanksgiving Monday 11:00AM-5:00PM (October 12th)
Violet Gardens Greenhouse & Pumpkin Patch
Violet Gardens is now CLOSED FOR THE 2020 SEASON.
Violet Gardens Greenhouse & Pumpkin Patch is located 1KM south off of Hiway 16 on RR#91, east of Wildwood. Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10AM to 6PM.
- Visit their Facebook Page for more information.
- Open! Starting the first week of September until the end of October, 2020.
- Visit their website for details and to make a reservation for your visit.
– – – – – –
** To avoid disappointment, please call to check times and availability before you go to any of these locations! **